Friday, 24 December 2010

We All Need A Clarence, Don't We?

This title refers to the need for a guardian angel like Clarence from It's A Wonderful Life.
Everything about It's A Wonderful Life has already been said. All I can say is that it is one of the most magical movies ever. You all probably know the plot (if not, click here), and know that it stars James Stewart, Donna Reed and Lionel Barrymore. Comment if you are annoyed that they colourized it. It's not natural! Here are some random quotes, thoughts and photos from it. Enjoy, and Merry Christmas!!!

"Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings!"

"No man is a failure who has friends."


GEORGE: Now will you do something for me?
ZUZU: What?
GEORGE: Will you try and get some sleep?
ZUZU: I’m not sleepy. I want to look at my flower.
GEORGE: I know, I know, but you just go to sleep. And then you can dream about it, and it’ll be a whole garden.
ZUZU: It will?
GEORGE: Uh-huh.
 Strange, isn’t it? Each man’s life touches so many other lives. When he isn’t around he leaves an awful hole, doesn’t he?


~ Clarence, It’s a Wondeful Life 


"Buffalo Gals won't you come out tonight?"

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!
~Bette

2 comments:

Josie said...

Hi. (:

I'm a new reader to your blog, but I completely sympathize. I'm a 14-year-old movie buff, and I love It's A Wonderful Life! One of the best Frank Capra movies, and definitely one of the top Christmas movies. And yes, I'm quite mad that they colorized it. It's just wrong.

I figured I'd leave a comment just because I like your fantastic blog. I have a blog of my own, if you feel like taking a look! takeonehundred.blogspot.com

Thanks!

Colonel Hall said...

I continue to be bowled over by one so young! Whenever I am visited by my grandchildren (11 & 8 ) we get up early each morning and have a little film festival. Of course, Christmas is reserved for It's A Wonderful Life. They have got used to seeing Grandad cry!

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It makes me happy to see people are interested in my posts!

~Bette